Monday, February 20, 2012

Reality Check 101

Yesterday I was at Indian Lake for the day.  After just being there a few hours reality set in.... we eat and drink a LOT at the lake.  Since I was just going to be there a short time I did not take any food with me.  (dumb)  Before heading northbound I ate my usual breakfast of eggs, bacon, and avocado.  For some reason my little brain thought I'd be okay with just this.  Around 1pm the snack foods and beers came out.  I enjoyed lots of cauliflower and too much cheese.  So far this is sounding lo-carb to you, yes?  But something is missing.... protein!!!  Real substantial protein.  It wasn't until 7pm that I ate a burger (no bun of course) and had a handful of carrots.  This was NOT enough daily food intake.  Around 3am I woke up starving!!  Again, no food at the lake house so what is a girl to do?  I got in my car and drove back to Dayton.  DUH!!!  I walked in the door and immediately ate a small piece of leftover beef with some guac.  Nighty night.

So what did this experience teach me?  I am going to have to plan, plan, and plan again.  Not only for my weekends at the lake, but just in general.  I have been very lenient the last few weeks and this needs to stop.  I kind of forgot that most people eat pasta, crackers, and more pasta like it's the norm.  I also realized that summer is just a few months away and I really need to get cracking to lose these last 10Lbs.  So food prep Sunday begins now!

On this week's menu:

Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast :  This will most likely last me a few days.  And I am one of those people who doesn't mind eating the same food repeatedly.  Except for chili.  I pretty much killed myself on chili a few months ago and can't even look at a bowl of it now.  #ruinedforlife

Blueberry Muffins:  Ok, so these aren't the greatest paleo things to make, but for me they are very handy.  On mornings when I am running late (too often), I can just grab these and go.  I also only have about 45 minutes between work and crossfit so eating one of these helps get me through the workout.  They are full of protein and fiber.

Sun-dried Tomato Bake Chicken:  This is the easiest recipe EVER.  I also like to add mushrooms and onions to it.  Make it with a side of spinach salad and you will have a great meal.

Veggies:  Pick your fancy.  Cut, slice, or dice them ahead of time so you have no excuse.  (Hence today for me)  And don't be afraid to add seasoning.  When I first started making veggies I would only add salt.  Boring.  Now I add garlic, paprika, basil, etc...  Just depends on the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment