Monday, April 9, 2012

My Paleo Grocery List

Many people have asked me what I eat, where I buy it, etc....  So tonight I thought I would write it all out and share it with the world.  Please note, I am not as strict as others are in regards to organic/grass-fed.  I try to stick to it as much as possible, but I am also human and don't spend a fortune at the grocery store.  For more information, google search "paleo".

Weekly Purchases and Where I buy them:

  • Medjool Dates:  Trader Joe's or Earth Fare
  • Almond Butter:  Trader Joe's is cheap, but I like Earth Fare's better
  • Unsweetened coconut:  Earth Fare
  • Eggs and Bacon:  Kroger
  • Veggies:  Green, Red, and Yellow Peppers, Carrots, etc... :  Kroger or Aldi's
  • Fruits:  Bananas... for recipes or freezing:  Kroger or Aldi's
  • Frozen Fruit for smoothies or recipes:  Trader Joe's or Aldi's
  • Almond Milk, no sugar:  Trader Joe's  (pink carton, on the shelf)
  • Variety of nuts:  Trader Joe's
  • Guac:  Aldi's
What should ALWAYS be in your pantry, fridge, or freezer:
  • Sundried Tomatoes:  Trader Joe's
  • Frozen Veggies  (no excuses not to have veggies)
  • Meat!!!  I bought a grass fed cow last fall.  Best investment ever.  When you see meat on sale, stock up!  I have enough flank steak in my freezer to feed an army.  
  • Eggs
  • Ghee:  Earth Fare
  • Coconut or Almond Flour
  • Coconut Oil  (Trader Joe's has, you have to ask for it!)
  • Seasonings  (garlic, basil, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc...)
  • Honey:  Use sparingly people.  (Trader Joe's)
I make A LOT of food on Sunday nights.  I usually bake (Yes, bake on a cookie sheet) a pound of bacon so it is readily available throughout the week.  Do not, I repeat, do not eat a full pound of bacon at one sitting!  Think of it as a side dish.  I add it to eggs, chicken, brussel sprouts, etc....  I also make fruit n nut bars, paleo muffins, or some type of energy muffin/bar to get me through the week.  (Again, these are all still paleo.)  I also cut up veggies, hard boil some eggs, brown a pound of beef, and create any marinades I might need.  You can find a billion recipes online.  Or I strongly recommend you use pinterest.  Here is a link to my Paleo Main Dishes board.

Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment