Monday, November 28, 2011

It's a new day

The Paleo Challenge officially ended last week.  I lost a total of 8 inches overall.  Eight.  Eight inches.  When you really think about it, that's a lot in just 50 days!  I am extremely happy with the results and am continuing with my paleo lifestyle.

Now, with that said, I did find some pure joy in this past weekend's eating.  It all started with Thanksgiving.  I actually stuck to Paleo until the apple pie came out.  Even then, it was just a sliver.  Oh but a delicious sliver it was.  The real kicker this past weekend was the homemade Chex mix.  My mom and I have been making this together for years.  The secret ingredient to our mix:  bacon fat.  Yes, it consists of 1 full cup of not only butter, but also bacon lard.  You literally take a bite and it's like a party in your mouth.  My friends also call it crack and it is requested by them every year.  Let's just say I ate enough to last me until next year.  BLAH!  Horrible feeling afterward.

So, thus begins the rest of my life.  Just the thought of eating cereal, milk, or candy bars almost makes me gag. Bring on the veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment