Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 18 of 50 - Serious cravings today

I'm having a strange day.  I'm craving everything.  I haven't had cravings like this in over a month.  For some reason the thought of laying on my couch in comfy sweats with a Reese's peanut butter cup sundae just sounds divine.  But I'm also remembering the after effects of that:  stomach pains, immediate tiredness, racing to the bathroom before my gut explodes (don't you just love visuals?), should I go on?

Another thing getting me through, I received an email today telling us that our halfway measurements will be taken on the 29th.  Halfway?!  It's hard to believe that we're almost halfway through this.  This is reason number, okay I don't have a number, but this is just one of the reasons I love Centerville CrossFit.  During this Paleo 50 Day Challenge we will be having a workout together followed by a catered meal, during our halfway check-in we will be hearing about the ease of shopping for paleo foods with snacks, and at the end there will be a group dinner to award the winners.  (Winners are chosen based on least cheats, measurements, total weight loss, and I think most dramatic change from before and after pictures.)  The group atmosphere and camaraderie at CF is like no other.  Through all my bitching and moaning before, during, and after a workout... I truly do love going.

So how will I combat my cravings?  Thinking almond butter and a banana.  Or maybe some super dark chocolate with almond butter.  Then again, this may pass by the time I get home.  Hopefully.

Oh, and here's an updated pic of me from NYC this past weekend.  I have about 20 more pounds to go, but I really do feel so much better now that I eat paleo.  And of course the workouts help too.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment