Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Size 10's!!!!

I have so much to write about, but first and foremost... I am wearing size 10 jeans today!!  I started this year wearing a tight 14.  You know, the kind of tightness that you wear baggy shirts so that the muffin top spilling over is not seen by all.  Today I fit comfortably into a size 10.  This is after my friend Amy looked at me while we were in NYC and said, "Ok, those pants are too big.  You're not allowed to wear them anymore."  Seeing as how that was the second time I had heard that comment in a week, I decided it was time to part with the baggy 12's.  YAY!!!!

And yes, you heard right, I was in the Big Apple for 4 days.  That's 4 days of pizza and pretzels on EVERY corner.  I accumulated 5 cheat points total.  Which brings my total cheats to 7 on this day 16 of the 50 day paleo challenge.  I had pizza, gelato, a canolli, and the best ice cream brownie sundae ever!!  I also walked for 3 days straight for about  8-9 hours per day.  Luckily the exercise kept me from gaining any weight.  The hardest part about having those tasty treats, it makes me want more.  That's the thing with sugar, it is an addictive substance.  I know it will take several days, if not a week, to get the thoughts of sugar plums out of my head.  (What the heck is a sugar plum?)

We landed back in Ohio late Monday afternoon.  I immediately laid out some beef and sausage from the freezer and headed to the grocery store.  I knew this week was going to be a hectic between my dad having surgery and my CrossFit workouts.  I made a big pot of chili on Monday night.  I can eat chili on and with anything.  (Examples:  egg topper, avocado, stuffed in a green pepper, etc...)  If you make chili, add some veggies to it such as a diced up red and green bell pepper.  It's the easiest way to get more vegetables in your diet.  My lifesaver this week has been the egg muffins I made a few weeks ago and froze.  I completely forgot to buy eggs at the grocery.  I've been popping the muffins in the microwave for about 2 minutes every morning.

We are having a Paleo Potluck dinner at the gym this Friday.  Hopefully I will get some new dishes that I can share with you all.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment